Thanks for that. If any reading is less than infinity, then the stator is grounded. Set your multimeter to the Ohm’s scale X 1. I spent all my fun money on my bikes, and don't have any for the little Roadster. I'll add to look out for the weak charging system on 99-04. This primer goes along that line, as does the Yamaha Service Manual. The service allows to compare and analyze statistics for reported problems, complaints, recalls for various manufacturers. Find out what they're like to ride, and what problems they have. Sticking with the Yamaha stock filter though. Just because the battery says its maintenance free doesn't mean ignore it. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Check for corrosion, if a problem is present, then clean all connections and re-try step #2. The Service Manual leaves some to be desired and I hope I’ve explained it a bit further so you can successfully troubleshoot your charging circuit. We are looking for a reading close and equal to the .45 ~.55 ohms specified. Don’t add non technical comments. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Never … Cloudflare Ray ID: 5ed4c1ee1840d9e0 Open up the Left-hand side cover, in front of the battery, a cable clamp with several bundles of wire and connectors are present, one connector has 3 white wires going in and out of the opposing connector. I have however, upgraded the stock springs. If I wanna ride Harley , i'll go home and get my StreeGlide. Equal readings should be obtained at each pair of stator leads. Starter spin happens when the generator rotor--which the starter is supposed to engage--comes loose from its shaft, and renders the starter useless. A big 10-4 about not riding on the shoulder. Rating sample for this Yamaha bike : … If there are anycracks in the sidewall, it's junk. • We first have to absolutely qualify or disqualify the stator and associated wiring, we then can reasonably … The charge circuit is quite simple. Below is the information on the 2006 Yamaha Road Star . This the larger “B” connector with spade pins. Engine is soft aluminum. You should be reading between 13.5VDC and 14VDC If this is true then your charge system is OK. If it's AT the wear bars, it's junk. The readings are taken from the “white” wires.. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. And check out the rating of the bike's engine performance, repair costs, etc. If in range and equal on each pair. If it bounces off the tank, time to check the bearings. Check the mounts where the shock connects to the frame. Compare technical specs. If battery voltage is present then Main Fuse and wiring are OK. Goto Step #7. If the tire is over 7 years old, it's junk. Yamaha changed. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. Look at photos. Especially, when upgrading the front springs/dampers also. The Roadwing upgrade was/is really popular on the Forum. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. If not, Main Fuse is bad or an open wire is present. Set your multimeter on the 50V DC range and hook to battery. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. If after running this troubleshooting procedure and no faults are found, it leaves only one logical option, a bad Regulator/Rectifier. Click here for animation. RoadStarMagazine.com accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of these Garage Tips and they are only provided as a resource reference. I'm having rear-spring issues - should I not replace with an OEM part? Do not over tighten bolts. You should read battery voltage. It's not that life is so short, it's just that you're dead for so long.---unknown. Charging problems can drive you up the wall. What is the starter spin thing? Remove vinyl cover and depress catch and pull upward on connector. If your bike seems to bottom out to easily especially when riding two up, check the preload on the shock/spring. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. . Cloudflare Ray ID: 5ed4c1e81f392c6e Don't run off the road, don't hit anyone else, don't brake hard while turning and then down shift hard or you may lose the ass end, don't light a match to see how much gas is in the tank, don't text while riding, don't ride on the shoulder where all the debris and nails are, don't ride intoxicated, don't drive wearing flip flops, don't crap your pants when an animal runs out in front of you, don't pick up hookers, don't try to pop a wheelie and don't try to load it into the back of a pick up with a 6' ramp. Cloudflare Ray ID: 5ed4c282bd4bcb3e • If all wires show continuity then proceed to Step #8. If after running this troubleshooting procedure and no faults are found, it leaves only one logical option, a bad Regulator/Rectifier. Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2006 YAMAHA XV1700. This article is just what I was looking , just got bike ,06 midnight star ,last summer and did not know about 4 qt oil fill, cant find the 20w-40 so I will definitely change out to the 20w-50 Mobil 1 v twin oil. If readings are not in range and equal for each pair of pins, then stator has open wire, shorted, open winding, connections are breaking down, or open wire, retrace steps #3 thru #9 to verify problem. Yamaha Road Star. Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. Kuryakyn® - 0 # 1230073175. Easiest way to find out if it is the bearings; raise the bike and perform a flop test. Universal by Kuryakyn®. Goto Step #9. • 2006 Yamaha Road Star pictures, prices, information, and specifications. Repeat on all pairs of leads. These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. The stock Roadie springs are weak, and it leads to premature damper failure. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. This page was generated at 1 minute ago. And yes, we also take trades! • To view that information, please click on the "view website" link in the details section below. . Note reading. Look at photos. If voltage is lower than 13.5VDC then go to step # 3. . If not, then stator has open or has shorted windings or open wire from connector to stator windings, repair wire or replace stator. • • If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. 2006 YAMAHA XV1700 ROAD STAR 1700, We provide more detailed information as well as additional photos on our website. Overall Rating: Reliability: Quality: Performance: Comfort : Bike had some aftermarket parts to include pipes, air filter and PC5 but she doesn't run worth a crap took her back to the dealer and they replaced the fouled plugs and supposedly cleaned the air filter but the bike has less than 5000 miles on her so I am a little suspect on that. You can list all 2006 Yamaha Road Star available and also sign up for e-mail notification when such bikes are advertised in the future. A reading of .6 is not unusual. Replace Main Fuse or look for open wire. Before you buy this bike, you should view the list of related motorbikes. Designed with functionality in mind Guaranteed to provide long-lasting good looks. BOSCH……………………….3300 or 3323 or D3323 Hi Efficiency, http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/187/103/, Fixing the Starter Spin Problem - Yamaha Road Star, Engine guys need your input: Working w/ maker of Rocker Lockers to make a R* version. And check out the rating of the bike's engine performance, repair costs, etc. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Home > Yamaha > Road Star 1700. Most of our bikes are sold fully serviced, detailed and have a nationwide warranty of up to 90-days. Motor oil is critical to the operation of a Yamaha Road Star 1700 motorcycle, cooling and lubricating the moving components within the motor and transmission. Our users can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands. Rev engine to @ 1500 RPM’s and repeat voltage readings, Equal readings of @ 80VAC should be obtained at each pair of stator leads. The Sissy Bar Kit is designed with your passenger in mind. If readings are Ok then proceed to Step #5. Find this dream only at Phil's Cycle & ATV in ElReno Oklahoma.PHIL'S CYCLE AND ATV - Phils Cycle has proudly served El Reno and the surrounding communities since 1996.Over these past 16 years we have experienced strong community support which has enabled us to become one of … If your Road Star is a 2003 or earlier model, you are a candidate for the dreaded starter spin problem. Japanese products seem to be notoriously under sprung. Start your engine leave at idle Hold one test lead to any stator lead on connector ‘B’. Any type of modification or service work on your Road Star should always be performed by a professional mechanic. 2012 Yamaha Road Star 1700 from United States of America . 2006 Yamaha Road Star, 2006 1700cc Yamaha Roadstar is a great looking machine and turns heads going down the road. Ah,, thank you, luckily that is not my issue. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. The last time I did that to get around stalled traffic, I picked up a screw in the rear tire that had plenty of wear left. If all 3 readings are within specified range then insert meter probe into each pin of connector to the motorcycle frame (ground). its wires run directly to the “A” connect. Consider installing a Roadwing which is a modified Honda Goldwing shock/spring with either a manual RAP preload adjustment knob or an electric preload adjustment motor. © Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. I toasted a starter last month but had a spare because I knew it was coming. Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. . I'm still running the stock rear dampers on both of my bikes, but seldom if ever ride two up. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Hold other test lead to any other stator lead. Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Roadstar, the most mechanically dependable bike that is STILL going to empty your billfold . It can be welded. Disconnect the 5 pin connector, ‘A’, at the top of the Regulator / Rectifier. All times are GMT-6. Check wiring continuity between connector ‘A’ and connector ‘B’, with multimeter set on the ohm’s scale at X 1. Write a Review; About; Reviews by Region; Write a Review; About; Reviews by Region; Yamaha Road Star 1700 Reviews. If it isn't the upgraded gear with the thicker shaft, replace it. I'll have my local Yamaha dealer check for all the recalls. The gas smell after a ride on a hot day (known as gas spuke) is cause but the float bowl being under pressure and the cure is 2 folded: If your handle bars wobble or the front end feels loose in the turns, check the neck bearings to see if they need to be tightened or replaced. Compare technical specs. The readings should be the same as at the previous connector. Yamaha XV1700 Road Star 2006, Sissy Bar Backrest Set with Pad by Show Chrome®. When you do, Helicoils are your friend. Check your tire pressure (40 rear 38 front) and CHECK THE TIRE WEAR. So this thread is easy to read, please add just tech tips here for carbonated Roadstars.

Schema Therapy Worksheets, Vw Turbo Actuator Replacement Cost, Oracle Peoplesoft Login Dyncorp, Famous Teddy Names, Drug Dealer Quotes, Patterns And Algebra Grade 6 Ppt, Dream Girl Tik Tok, Dump Truck For Sale In Subic, Blackout Lil Kapow Genius, Princess Wei Yang Chapter 117, 143 Story Treehouse,