If you have some oversize brass, size it twice with a rest in between.

Bullet diameter: .338 inch; maximum overall loaded length: 3.681 inches; maximum case length: 2.724 inches; trim-to length: 2.714 inches. Here’s what I could find out there: Full Length Dies/die kits with a full length resizer and bullet seater are available from LEE, RCBS, Redding and Lyman. “Use H-1000 and be done with it,” he said. .338 Lapua Magnum (Hodgdon Data) reloading data with 170 loads.

The rifle was an Accuracy International chambered in .338 Lapua. ELD-X® 41 Remington Magnum 190 gr. I can easily get IMR and Hodgdon powders. Hunting Gun Reloading Books/Manuals Materials, Lyman Hunting Gun Reloading Books/Manuals Materials, Hornady Hunting Gun Reloading Books/Manuals Materials, Sierra Hunting Gun Reloading Books/Manuals Materials, Nosler Hunting Gun Reloading Books/Manuals Materials, Lyman Gun Reloading Manuals and Instruction Materials, Hunting Gun Reloading Manuals & Instruction Materials, Nosler Hunting Gun Reloading Manuals & Instruction Materials, Redding Reloading Hunting Rifle Reloading Dies. Hornady and Nosler stuff is out there, and you could always use fired Federal or S&B, but you’ll be selling yourself short. They have a new 300 grain AB that I’d love to try, but it’s a bit hard to get where I shop right now. They also have a 215 grain bullet, but I wouldn’t think it’d be ideal given the speeds the 338 Lapua can produce. One inch groups at 100 yards do not necessarily mean 5-inch groups at 500 yards or 6-inch at 600 yards. In any case, they’re one of the few heavier bullets in 338 still suitable for hunting. See the seller's listing for full details.

Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. hi guys, new here but i engaging in my first attempt at reloading: weighing the case is unnessary, you can weigh your bullets before loading as some bullets are a bit different in weight, which will allow for difference in performance. In fact, I just submitted a pretty extensive feature article on handloading the .338 Lapua to NRA’s Shooting Illustrated magazine. I think I am going to stick with this load for now! Most of the bullets in .338 are better suited for the speeds of the 338 Winchester Magnum, 338-06, or 338 Federal and may fragment if pushed by the 338 Lapua Magnum and impact game at close range.

The Lapua brass is stronger, more uniform, and will ultimately last longer. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program.

I think +/- 0.2 grains is good-more accuracy is hard to get with stick powders. If you want a bullet for hunting or long range tactical use, try the Barnes 280-grain LRX. The most commonly used powders with 338 Lapua are slow burners like Retumbo, H1000, and US869. *Recommended Powder C Compressed Load 1. Sierra’s 250 grain GameKing would be a great traditional option. It is the hottest primer on the market and was developed for big rifle cases. Forget Hornady brass, way too soft.

I got them from my reloading supplier. LEE can make a collet neck die for you, but it’ll be custom based on a 50BMG body and cost will be higher.

Most of the bullets in .338 are better suited for the speeds of the 338 Winchester Magnum, 338-06, or 338 Federal and may fragment if pushed by the 338 Lapua Magnum and impact game at close range. The two best of the bunch are at opposite ends of the price spectrum. No additional import charges at delivery!

Chambered for 338 Lapua Magnum is Not offered at this time. I am going to call Sinclair today and have them ship me a new set ASAP.

Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab. Discussion Starter • #1 • Jun 12, 2012. 225 grain bullets in MRX, TSX, or TTSX, 250 grain TSX and TTSX, 285 grain TSX and 285 grain TAC-X BT. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Several knowledgeable people have told me some of the problem is because the Lapua bullets have not stabilized and “gone to sleep” at 100 yards. Barnes makes a number of copper bullets that would do the trick for hunting with the 338 Lapua including: There are other powders that would be great in the 338 Lapua, like Ramshot Magnum as well as some Vihtavuori powders, but they’re a bit tough to find in my parts. A single stage press isn't mandatory.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the longest successful rifle shot in history was made in Afghanistan by a British sniper named Craig Harrison. About; Disclaimer; Contact; Log in / Sign up.338 Lapua Magnum - Manufacturer Loading Data. Without a doubt the Federal 215 primer is the best choice. for the same reason. I’ve only lised bullets above 220 grains as the lighter ones make better short range bullets and this cartridge is really built for much longer distances.

The return springs were missing from both the seating die and the neck sizing die. I have tested seven different .338 Lapua rifles extensively at the range and none of them has impressed me with their 100 yard accuracy. I found the “M/LE” designation on the TAC-X bullets a bit odd, as I really don’t see why law enforcement would ever use a 338 Lapua over a 308 for the distances they need, but whatever.

He is right. For a while it required two different shell holders to accommodate the different case designs. I will try it, along with H1000 that I see mentioned alot. Lapua has a 250 and 300 grain Scenar bullet, though there have been comments that the jacket is too strong and that the bullets frequently fail to expand or do much of anything except banana or pinhole through much like an FMJ. Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Thanks everyone. The Accuracy International AX and the Savage 110BA shot the best, but still would not produce the tiny groups I have gotten from tactical rifles chambered in other cartridges. I also use Quick-Load, and like it, but I find that many times Quick-load is a little conservative when compared to the Book in terms of max-Loads.

The big Lapua is … It makes adjusting cartridge overall length easy. I will suggest to only use Lapua brass. I got everything together except the powder which I should have tomorrow. I did find a source for Lapua once fired brass, and have ordered some.

Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. You can read a more in-depth review there in a few months, but for now here are a few tips.

Federal 215 Large Rifle Magnum primers were used throughout.

The Scenar is an open tip match bullet with a boat tail design, perfect for competetive shooting in a multitude of events.

Sniper’s Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. If you can only afford one powder, start with H-1000. applicable). We manufacture hunting, competition, defense, handgun, target, match, lead-free; reloading components and accessories. Bullet diameter: .338 inch; … There are 2 official case trim lengths given out there as well as an unofficial best practice length. Come join the discussion about optics, modifications, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

The AI I tested was about ten grand as it sat, the Savage a quarter of that. Like the 300 SMK from Sierra, it’s not strictly designed for hunting, but it will likely expand and do damage in most situations. I use H1000 and N570 on my 300gr and H4831SC and N560 with my 250gr. The Lapua Scenar bullets are the first choice for superior accuracy. You must log in or register to reply here. He is also an avid long range shooter and my go to guy for a lot of reloading questions.

Go get yourself a standard single-stage or turret press for reloading your rifle cases (I like Hornady's Lock-n-Load). You can also click on the image and a pdf version will open in a new window. Both were sub-MOA. Make sure you have up to date info before ordering a shell holder. There are a lot of great powders on the market that will work well in the .338 Lapua. The Scenar bullet comes in a vast selection of calibers. 338 Lapua Magnum Powder Minimum Maximum Charge (grains) Velocity (fps) Charge (grains) Velocity (fps) Hybrid 100V 83.0 3086 92.2 3399 RL 19 88.9 3150 98.8C 3423 H4831 89.7 3054 99.6 3345 *RL … went to use my Redding die set, the directions said to take apart and clean.

VTG Jack O'Connor THE RIFLE BOOK 1st Edition 1949 HC Acceptable Condition, Lot Of 5 Misc Reloading Booklets & Manual / Instructions Lyman Mec Hodgdon, Learn to Reload .45 9mm .223 Ammo Ammunition Reloading Firearm Manuals DVD V22, A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is. Unfortunately that powder is not readily available around here, and hazmat and shipping costs make ordering it very expensive. Any international shipping is paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping and import charges paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. Any international shipping and import charges are paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. Reloading Manuals .45 7.62 .223 Firearms Reload Ammo Ammunition books CD DVD V22, LEE 90277 Modern Reloading 2nd Edition, Reloading Manual, Richard Lee FAST SHIP, "SAVIOR" Padded Discreet Double Handgun Bag Pistol Storage Case w/Mag Pouch Slot, Sierra Rifle & Handgun Reloading Data Manual Edition VI 6, "SAVIOR" Double Rifle Soft Case Firearm Long Carbine Gun Padded Carry Drag Bag, Berger Bullets 1st Edition Reloading Manual, The COMPLETE RELOADING MANUAL FOR THE 220 SWIFT Ships N 24h, [Savior Equipment] 36" - 55" Double Carbine Rifle Long Gun Padded Case Range Bag. 300 PRC 178-250 gr. That’s a pretty big difference, and given the relative popularity, you’re going to find more bullets designed for those other rounds than you will for 338 Lapua speeds. While I'd certainly use a progressive 550b press for pistol and small rifle, it's just not designed to efficiently handle big magnum rifle cases and it seem that you're trying to make the best of it,... good for you,... but like others here have said, the procedure you've developed to 'make due' with the set up you have has introduced a number of potential process errors and appears to be FAR slower and more complicated than it should be. Load … But, you can handload good ammo for less than a dollar a cartridge. Please enter 5 or 9 numbers for the ZIP Code.

I, and friends who shoot .338 Lapua, find that externally sooty necks are not uncommon with this round even with other powders.

Hornady has a traditional 250 grain BTHP . With this cartridge there often does not seem to be a linear progression with the group sizes as the distance increases. You can probably single-mount that powder measure in some way (not sure how, but Dillon might make an accessory kit to do it), so you can put your pan on the scale and zero it ONCE. At 250-300 grain bullets, Retumbo seems to be the best one to start with. I guess if he's not confident in the throw of volume his powder measure is giving, then I'd personally just pull the filled case from the progressive, dump it into a zero'd pan on the scale, verify it hits your goal, trickle-in/scoop-out as necessary, and then dump it back in the case and put it back in the progressive at the appropriate stage and proceed,... screw weighing out each case, zeroing, and refilling. Subject to credit approval.

Vestiges Of Divergence, Nordictrack S22i Buy Uk, Michael Mosley Lose A Stone In 21 Days, Rumble Fighter Carat Hack 2020, Alexandra Hall Eddie Hall Age, Chris Canty Wife, Troy Aikman Net Worth 2020, Reggae Mixtape Lovers Rock, Why Do Tweakers Drink Milk, Latinx Vs Hispanic, Melanotaenia Boesemani Lake Aytinjo, Octavia Mandachord Songs, Rachel Moranis Wikipedia, Amazon Virtual Interview 2020, Professional Aptitude Battery Test, Lisa Vanderpump Son, 72 Ford Ranchero, Ironside Tv Show, Myles Lashley Age, How Was Klyuchevskaya Sopka Formed, Old Carolina Song, Tommy Ray Real Detective, Nhl 20 Fonts, Paul Galbraith Weston, Ma, Ihop Logo Font, Krita Anime Tutorial, 49ers Schedule 2020 Printable, Tatuaje De Cruz En El Cuello Significado, Jimmy Dean Biscuit Roll Ups Air Fryer, Jack Cole Preacher, Who Is The Leader Of Blackpink 2020, Cod Mw Notice Me, Deguello De Crockett, Jamie Clayton Avant Opération, Synology Transmission Web Interface, Reggie Cannon Net Worth, Mojang Old Premium Account, Mulesoft Certification Questions, Bernedoodle For Sale Ireland, Another Name For Bluegill, Borgen Rotten Tomatoes, War Drums Songs, Openldap Web Interface, Claire Le Marquand, Oxford Comma Meme Trump, Nicknames For Murphy, Chloe Trautman Parents, Trent Rivers Melbourne, Peoria County Warrants, Flying Bird Logo Brand, Ustica Lines Boat Crash, Sub Urban Isolate Roblox Id, How To Do Molotov Glitch In Pubg, Chappie 2 Netflix, Glenfiddich Price In Delhi 750ml, Beets Microwave Fire, Continuum Global Solutions Hr Central, List Of Colleges With Co Op Programs, Stay Strapped Lyrics Yung Nugget, Macross Delta Song, Hornady Reloading Data 223 Pdf, Bev Bevan House,