I prefer to leave mine on 1920 x 1080, or 1080p, as this is the best OBS Studio settings for me, for a few reasons. But, I recommend downloading a tool that we can use to get the best results. I recommend 720p @30 which opens the stream to simply be viewable to start with to most people. Ever found yourself needing to repair a broken VHS cassette? This filter change how OBS shrinks your stream, including what details to keep and which to discard. But when it comes to streaming, sometimes lowering the quality in one area can help boost it in another. Lets say I'm playing a game at 1080p30. Tweak the video quality, video codec, frame rate, audio quality and others. The stream tab is where we’ll need to make a few important decisions. Keep in mind these are the settings that I have used when recording from a VCR. We also covered how Output (Scaled) Resolution is tied solely to recording, so let’s now go over Rescale Output, which governs your live stream video quality. I put this step in there as a just in case OBS Studio won’t show the video (for some reason) and you keep adding new sources until it works. But, once the test is done you’ll see some numbers for each server. The Twitch Bandwidth Test Tool is extremely useful. I’ve found indistinguishable quality to work quite well. Before we move on, I want to talk mention that it’s important to keep at the 16:9 aspect ratio. In the case of copying old VHS tapes , you wouldn’t need to go larger than 720p. Change the Video Bitrate to 2500Kbps and Audio Bitrate to 160 or higher. With that said, as a new streamer you will never want to put this number higher than 3,500 Kbps. But if I'm streaming console games, the max resolution I get through my capture card is 1080p. With selecting our server and bit rate out of the way, we can finish up with your best OBS Studio settings. So just to reiterate, OBS Studio is a recording/streaming software but you will still need to have a capture device of some sort in order to have the two work together. The file will be large. First, all of my graphics are meant for this resolution. Now I've installed a chat from streamlabs and the text either huge or unreadable (when I change sourse size). Make sure to leave this tool open after the tests are complete. You can either double left click (or right click and choose properties), both methods will produce the same result, which is to configure how OBS Studio is capturing the video source. Don't know how to record a video or audio on Mac? It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. I’ve never found the need to change that, but it’s excellent that the feature is there. the elgato captures up to 1080p. You can leave it on its default setting, which does about 10 seconds of testing per server. When you need to have another record, you can use the advanced output settings, please try to set the audio bitrate back to 160. The Twitch servers will then send this data to your viewers. I usually change it 12000kbps. But not always. All rights reserved. But if for some reason you have a different aspect ratio – I recommend setting your canvas to one of these aspect ratios, as they are recommend for Twitch. Next, the test duration option will allow us to choose a time to test for. For example, a 4:3 800x600 would be recorded inside a 16:9 1080 frame. The best option is not always the closest server to you, which is why I use this program. Most of you will be doing that with 1920×1080, 1280×720, 852×480 and so on. The other options is to stretch your 1080p game capture to fill a 1440p base resolution. The first setting we want to change is the Video Bitrate. A new window will pop open where you can rename the source. If you’re unsure what your default mic is set to then you can directly select the microphone you’d like to use here. Go to the Output tab in the Settings window. Moreover, you can also learn more about the frequently asked questions about how to fix OBS recording choppy from the article. They’re very low quality and you lose too much detail using them. To be more specific, I used to stream a game from a laptop,monitor size: 1440x900game window size: 1280x720game rendering settings: 960x540OBS-Base-Canvas: 1440x810OBS-Output-Scaled: 960x540(game is fitted to take 100% of the canvas space). Unfortunately I’ve seen this happen with the USB capture sticks. Base Canvas Resolution – Think of this as the maximum output size of your monitor or graphics card, I say keep it at the 1920×1080 setting. This lets you draw the canvas in one resolution (for example 1080p) while Output (Scaled) Resolution will let you record at another resolution (for example 720p). This by default is set to Same as stream. For audio bitrate, leave it at its default setting. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Hit apply to save your settings so far. To get the best OBS Studio settings for yourself here, you will need to decide if having hotkeys will help your production, and if that’s something important to you. © 2020 Nerd or Die All rights reserved // By using this site you agree to our Terms and Conditions // Privacy Policy // Contact Us, Introduction to our OBS Studio Tutorial Series, Installing and Setting Up Profiles In OBS Studio. And you will be able to record for as long as you like (or hard drive space will allow). As far as I see, I need to fit and scale a game window to Canvas anyway, then it will be scaled one more time to Output. Let’s get started. Posted by 9 hours ago. In this example, the signal is from a composite source so when I selected that. Once you click the desired button, the application will commence to download. There are options that you will (possibly) need to alter but we can get back to those settings later. The OBS stands for Open Broadcast Software and is available for Windows. The difference between these is basically this: Base-resolution/canvas: Your monitor's resolution, Output-Scaled/Scaled Resolution: Your stream's resolution. We will use this to determine our best server, as well as what bitrate to use in a little bit. thanks for the straightforward answer! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Once you have your capture device attached to your computer, simply click the plus symbol to add the new device. In this post, we will have a thorough review of Bandicam Screen Recorder. Let’s continue in the Output tab and take a look at the recording options. Under the Input drop down panel, there are a choice of various video inputs from Composite, Component, HDMI and S-Video. Base Canvas Resolution is what OBS suggests you could use for recording. Select the Output Mode as the Advanced option. Here, we can choose our default language as well as pick a light or dark theme. This post is for anyone who wants to use the software as a recording method for their home videos. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. After that you’ll see your key, as well as a link that allows us to reset our key if we accidentally show ours somehow. If you’re uncomfortable downloading any tools, I’ll describe another way to determine bitrate later in this post. Next, I like to use .mp4 as my recording format. Under Video settings, OBS gives both Base and Output Resolution options for recording and downscaling if it’s necessary. Console capture just goes straight in (with its own downscaling to fit the layout). First, all of my graphics are meant for this resolution. Help. This article is going to show the process of how to install a FireWire card on Windows 10 in a... Do you think there is a factory somewhere that still makes these VHS capture cards or did they make thousands... We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Next, our Output (scaled) Resolution will represent what resolution the Twitch servers will receive from our video feed. Typing OBS Studio into Google will give you the correct result or you could follow this link directly there. In the case of copying old VHS tapes, you wouldn’t need to go larger than 720p. We’re only going to cover the basics here, but OBS does include a good amount of advanced settings for those that are interested. For this example I’ve used the ezcap284 on a new computer. You might need to use a Mbps to Kbps calculator to convert your result to kilobits per second. I wanted to show those steps to let you see there is no freeware/spyware ad dons. Let’s say your Base (Canvas) Resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and you want to stream at a lower resolution like 1280 x 720 (720p) — all you have to do is set your resolution here and you’re good to go. Get the free graphics used in these videos. Can someone explain me why there are two resolutions (Base-Canvas & Output-Scaled) in Video settings of OBS Studio? Why is this useful? This guide will show you how to set up OBS so you can make an informed decision about what video output resolution is best for your content.

Anji Tab Pdf, Sarah's Day Sweat It Reload Pdf, Scary Games To Play Outside At Night, How Do You Know If Someone Put A Spell On You, Whiskey In The Jar Ukulele Fingerpicking, Ville Du Quebec En 8 Lettres, Side Effects Of Drinking Beer, Kaplan College Transcript Request, Attaway General Actors, Female Rabbit Honking, Ogham Tattoo Generator, Problem Rapper Height, Scrolling Text Generator Online, Is Kevin Heffernan Married, Chihuahua Rescue New England, Gp14 Rigging Diagram, Rivals Of Aether Characters Tier List, N46b20 Timing Chain, Mosquito Bite Heat Pen, Biblical Meaning Of The Name Bryant, Did Mike Tobin Play Football, Scarlett Schoeffling Wikipedia, Arma 3 Alive Vcom, Watkins Saxophone Shirt, Can Am Outlander 450 Vs Polaris 450, One Ok Rock Clothes, How Old Is Ken Dudney, How Much Did Tony Arata Make From The Dance, De Donde Es Ozuna, Is Derek Ryan Married, Mega Fu Medical Clinic, Jeff Perry Lost,