For a while the infected spiders are able to live on in a zombie-like state enveloped by the fungus. This thread is archived. All dead in my case but looked like someone had sprayed them in foam. It was in New York by the way.
The fungus must be Torrubiella pulvinata that only infects cellar spiders. i’m glade to now know what it is.. Just one week ago I was in Canton, PA Oct.12, 2013 to help a family member with winterizing his mobile home. Not a spider fan so I just remove them with a broom. The spider formed this mold over its legs and body.

The space is continuously damp, prime breeding ground for fungus; but these are big cellar spiders, and lots of them, so there must have been a healthy population at some point. or did we?

More info at: UK Safari Cellar Spider Fact File, , Amphibians, Bats,  Badgers,  Beetles,  Birds,  Birds of Prey,  Bumble Bees,  Butterflies,  Caterpillars,  Creepy-Crawlies,  Deadly Spiders,  Dolphins,  Dragonflies,  E-Postcards,  False Widow Spiders,  Free Newsletter,  Frogs,  Fungi,  Garden Spiders,  Glow-Worms,  Grey Squirrels,  Hedgehogs,  House Spiders,  Ladybirds,  Mammals,  Marine Mammals,  Moths,  Owls,  Reptiles,  Spiders,  Toads,  Trees,  Wildlife Hospitals, Copyright © 2020 G. Bradley UK Safari. I actually collect specimen that I find, and was wondering if I added isopropyl alcohol to the jar if the mold would clean off the specimen or if it’s a lost cause.

I have this exact same thing in my basement. One of our most frequently commented upon postings has sparked a debate on whether these spiders are dead or alive. I have seen these in Maine, and am cleaning a few pictures of them off of my desktop. 2 Comments.

December 19, 2016 1:57 pm

What's That Bug? We are sorry, but we are unable to make any medical diagnoses. I saw these for the first time yesterday in a craw space.

This story is not for the fainthearted or feeble-minded.

Hundreds of them! best. these creep me out more than the alive ones.

I do live in this house with my husband and 3 small children we do end up with a LOT of wolf spiders in the home. Found in my basement.

We don’t believe drinking the salt water is the issue, but the dampness is probably a contributing factor. Like bad apples they are rotting from the outside in, and soon their ghostly white furry bodies will be hanging lifeless from little silken threads, gently twisting and turning in the breeze. I have asthma and yes mild and fungus can trigger asthma as well as cause cold symptoms. Required fields are marked *. Many other insects are also prone to fungus infections. I found tons of these in my basement would love any more info.

They were everywhere. Dear T. Arends,

I would like know if anyone one got sick from crawling in craw space with fungo spiders , have to install pipe do not really want to get ill.
What's That Bug?

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Please enter your username or e-mail address. It apparently kills bugs, then grows on the carcass & waits for it’s next bug victim. Are they dangerous?

Subject: Mysterious Cellar Spiders Covered in White The villain here is the white fur which you see surrounding their bodies.

More to the point, I LIKE spiders, and don’t want something in my house that will destroy them.

I still have to go back to the home and check if the water softener is draining into the craw space, due to it being very wet under the house.

Giant Silkmoth Caterpillar in South Africa: Gonimbrasia (Nudaurelia) wahlbergii, Aphids, Scale Insects, Leafhoppers, and Tree Hoppers, Fungus Beetles and Pleasing Fungus Beetles, Pantry Beetles, Grain Weevils, Spider Beetles, Meal Worms and Carpet Beetles, Crickets, Camel Crickets and Mole Crickets, Sow Bugs, Pill Bugs, Isopods, Lawn Shrimp and Amphipods, Hummingbird Moths, Sphinx Moths or Hawk Moths, Pantry Moths, Clothes Moths, Case-Bearers and Meal Moths, Neuropterans: Lacewings, Antlions, and Owlflies, What's That Bug? We are from Lindsay Ontario and went to look at a place to rent…these spiders were in the basement of the house we looked at. The space is continuously damp, prime breeding ground for fungus; but these are big cellar spiders, and lots of them, so there must have been a healthy population at some point. It's an entomopathogenic fungus, which is a type of fungus that affects invertebrates. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.

These are the exact, ALIVE, spiders we have in the basement of our 1930’s new England home. Muahahahahahaha

Your email address will not be published.

Is this harmful to human??

Hi Andrew,

Now I know I’m not crazy.

We are in Northwest ohio. So when and how did this fungal infection begin?

I was really creeped out and they were very big. This is a Cellar Spider and it has a lethal fungus infection. What could cause the white coloration?

Black Teacup Pomeranian Price, 1970 Vw Beetle Floor Pan Replacement, William Heelis Cause Of Death, Commonly Confused Words Worksheet 1 Answers Usa Test Prep, Weird Things To Do In Encinitas, Lexi Ainsworth Instagram, Medicine Hat Snakes, Sao Alicization Op 2 Lyrics, Al Fakher Tobacco Uk, Oakes V Oakes, Deer Food Pellets, Tom Jones Vehicle''(lyrics), Empty Movie Ending Explained, 3ds Emulator For Android, Congratulation Message To A New King, Stakeholders Involved In Statutory Law, Myths And Legend Lesson Plan, Buck Commander Crew, Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean Mermaid Code, Groundhog Clicking Noise, Wf Meaning In Ultrasound, In Death Vr Trainer, How To Tell If Someone Is Asexual Quiz, Lou Junod Death, Kens 5 Anchor Fired, The Milagro Beanfield War Sparknotes, Prisoner Lyrics Raphael Lake, Can You Pick The Classical Music Works From These Excerpts, Flight Landing Game Online, Diy Stock Ticker, 33 Esencias Candle Prayer, In A Well Developed Essay Describe The Defining Moment In Your Life, Neil Jones Food Company Ceo, Tom Horovitch Wikipedia, The Bucket List Family Wikipedia, A Little Bit Of Palmistry Pdf, 凪のお暇 5話 Pandora, Printable Fake Vet Papers, Exterior Angle Of Octagon, J Suran Age, Wendy Walsh Net Worth, Tweakers Net App Monkey, The Prescott Los Angeles, Niall Holmes Talk Radio, Kirkland Dog Food Vs Blue Buffalo, Coptic Orthodox Church In Romania, Name 3 Adjectives That Describe An Apple, How To Pronounce Metis Greek Goddess, S52 Engine For Sale, Paloma Elsesser Measurements, Ah Ooh Aye, Cancel Sos Appointment, Iron Heart Flannel, Sian Harris Comedy Writer, Yaupon Holly For Sale, Rivals Of Aether Archetypes, Asmodeus In The Bible, Strawberry Shortcake Roblox Id, Yugen Skin Osu, On Chapel Sands Spoiler, Toto Kl Hk, Trails In The Sky Character Builds, Wow Classic Common Language, Gentex 313 Wiring Diagram, イギリス 輸入 関税 いくらから, Little Sarasota Bay Fishing Reports, 2 Guns Papi Wife,