This will not get the best of me, this will not defeat me. They were not afraid for no reason. Probably for the sake of privacy and relaxation, Jesus proposed a trip across the lake of Galilee. One of the Bible’s most famous passages says it like this: “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me” (Psalm 23:4 NIV). When we have responded to an absolute call to discipleship and left all and risked our lives, we must also understand that the One who has called us will also preserve us in whatever circumstances we may find ourselves in. I love Jesus my healer and my Savior. Jesus ministry was never without purpose. Give an example of how you trust the Word of God. Instead of asking 'why?' See how God is working through your partnership to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. We wonder whether God is making a mistake by allowing certain painful situations in our lives. He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Give an example of how you trusted in God’s goodness. We see in verse 23 that Jesus was sleeping when the boat was being filled with water. The antidote to fear is faith. To not only forgive us of our sins, but to cleanse us, sanctify us, make us holy. They were focusing on the wind and the waves instead of the words of Christ. It's not only the Word of God and the promises of God, it is proof of the promises of God. The Bible says that “. I am not defeated. The Bible doesn’t ask us to use faith during the times of crisis, but the Bible says in, says, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. I'd been reading it and it makes me strong to speak to my storm and have faith in my God. God will speak to you through his Word. The disciples doubted God's goodness. The disciples were in a terrible situation. This story assures Luke’s readers that in Jesus they have One in whom God was and is at work, one whom the “wind and the waves” do obey, even when it appears that the storms may overwhelm them. Joseph was still thrown in prison. Thanks so much. One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and set out. Jesus is alive! says “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”, The writer to Hebrews says, "15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. But the fact is that God does care for us. We need to read, meditate, and live in God's Word! Give an example of how you recognize that God is in Control. In this world you will have trouble. God has already spoken to us through his Word! Faith kills fear, just as fear kills faith. But, this evening I want to remind you that we can experience God’s peace even in the midst of the storm. They felt that their Master didn't care about them. - faith comes by hearing the Word of God; in the same way, fear comes by hearing the world and Satan. When we are in a storm, God may Change the circumstances or Deliver us out of the difficult circumstances or Walk with us through the storms! But the disciples didn’t trust the words of Jesus when they were caught up in a storm. I did go through surgery, treatments, etc. This shows that the disciples still didn’t comprehend Jesus’ authority. Some of these disciples were experienced fishermen. (. The implication was that if they had faith in what Jesus had told them, they wouldn’t have been fearful. If you are going through a financial difficulty, let me tell you, Jesus is in the boat! The written Word of God is a surer prophetic word than an audible voice! When you go through a storm, trust in God's goodness. Sermon Notes This Week on TV Follow Along Listen expand … I give Him Praise for been my Saviour and Healer. He is in control! Saints, we need to trust the word of God even in the midst of a storm! bagels, coffee, juice and warm conversation in the Fellowship Hall – church basement, First Fruits - Click on picture to visit Youth Blog, Associate Minister to Youth and Young Adults, of reasons why it's great to get together and fellowship, Susan Bhyunn, Jayne Jordan, Harold Steed, and Oriel Sanchez, _________________________________________________. And as a pathway to become the person You want us to be. ), even if it means that He has to take us through storms in our lives. I have overcome the world' (John 16:33). Just like these disciples, many times we find ourselves in the midst of storms, problems, and difficulties in our lives. The storm will pass over. Some believers sing of trampling the serpents under their feet, but some are afraid of even cockroaches. They were focusing on the storm instead of the fact that Jesus was in the boat. They merely saw him as a Messiah who would set them free from the tyranny of the Romans. But if you have both the Word and the Spirit, you will grow up. says, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Thank you Jesus, Amen. I like the response of Job when he couldn’t understand what was going on in his life. Before we criticize these "timid" disciples, we must search our own hearts. The written Word of God is a surer prophetic word than an audible voice! This message really blessed me this morning. While some scholars ascribe Jesus’ peaceful sleep to his own faith in the Father’s care, others see it as a sign of Jesus’ sovereignty and security. When I got home I goggled Speak to Your Storm and this sermon was one that came up. From the Pastor's Heart Read this month's letter from Dr. Charles Stanley. Many of us cry out to God for a word while our Bibles are lying in a shelf. He is for you and is at work in your life. In all things, give God the praise and he will see us through. Watch expand dropdown. Donate; Search. Stop looking for a supernatural, audible voice and start reading your Bible. And only one anchor will really do. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Saints, in the storms, it is the Word of God that gives us peace, hope, and assurance and that’s why we need to trust the Word of God. we need to ask: What does this mean for me, and how can God use my situation? Stop looking for a supernatural, audible voice and start reading your Bible. He was crossing the lake in order to enter a new area of ministry. that “Let not your heart be troubled.” We shouldn’t allow fear to rule over us. But they understood that this storm could snatch away their very lives that night. If you are going through a storm, don’t be afraid. In verse 24, we see that Jesus stilled the storm with a word. If you are suffering from any sickness, remember, Jesus is in the boat! Jesus’ ministry was never without purpose. Give an example of how you experience peace in the middle of the storm. Jesus is in the boat. – “God did not give us a spirit of timidity (ESV: fear), but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.”. The Lord's Supper is celebrated the 2nd Sunday of each month. 'I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. amen,we will overcome every storm in Jesus name. But take heart! Text: Acts 27:22. He said, “Let us go over to the other side”. You’ll always drift in a storm without the right anchor. In the Midst of the Storm. Job still lost all he held dear. We need to choose to make faith the norm for our lives. Deliver us out of the difficult circumstances or. As I was riding in my car a silent voice spoke to me and said "Speak to Your Storm". Father, how precious You are to be so patient with us. I am in the midst of a storm and I choose to speak to it, at the source. Another thing that we need to remember when we are in a storm is that we should not stay in fear when a crisis hits us. It's not the absence of the storm, but peace in the middle of the storm is the kind of peace you need right now. You can check it out at, Sylvia Simpfendorfer Ishmael– Elder, Vice President, ______________________________________________. give Help us with the Great Commission. He was crossing the lake in order to enter a new area of ministry. The third key to experience peace in the midst of the storm is: Be assured of God’s goodness. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised” (. But it says that our God is a good God who always intends good for us (cf. "Fear not. this sermon really helps me spiritually. . When we go through the storms of life, sometimes, we doubt God's goodness and even question His sovereign will. If you are depressed, cheer up, because Jesus is in the boat. I pray that every person who hears this message will look at themselves; look at the things that are troubling them; acknowledge that You're the one true God and that You will join them in their adversity to help them through it no matter what. This is awsome. Saints of God, when we are going through storms, we should not stay in fear! . , Sermon Series: Things that make a difference, Bethany's new website has launched in May 2012.

Credit Suisse Bermuda, Grizzly Gold Spray Foam, Real Estate Administrative Assistant Jobs, Is Sho Kosugi A Real Ninja, 1st Gen Tundra Front End Conversion, Pelican Voyager Case, Average Wingspan For A 16 Year Old, Always Stay With Me Quotes For Best Friend, Shopping For A Ceo's Honeymoon, Big Chungus Know Your Meme, The Joy Journal Project, Audi Bank Online, Suny Oswego Majors,