The internal probe, obtained by the Washington Free Beacon, also found that Schaitberger collected an estimated $878,060 from the union's pension fund since taking office in 2000, even though he did not qualify for the payouts because he had yet to retire. The report said "far from supporting the anti-doping regime, they subverted it." He can be reached at kakutani@freebeacon.com. I am condemning HOW you’re saying it and the audience you’re choosing. interacts online and researches product purchases – See more at: http://www.turnoutblog.com/2015/09/06/iaff-and-labor-day-is-our-future-more-corruption/#sthash.cT0d2SnL.dpuf. "IAFF President Schaitberger stood by the CT UPFFA (Uniform Professional Fire Fighters Association) when the Fairness Center uncovered an improper loan taken from its charity. Please let someone look into these frauds. And why do you think you’re the saving grace? Our organization is still a democracy and still above you both. Thus, his backing of the board as they skim phony per diems. Obaidly’s representatives say the payments made by Oryx to the IAAF’s appointed agent were transparent and part of the normal bidding process. No. Why you ask? His course takes the IAFF down the road to ruin by suggesting that leaching and fat-catting off the members is the only way to go. France has issued a wanted notice for him via Interpol. The IAFF Foundation was created to "help members and their families in their time of need, including assistance following natural disasters." All rights reserved. I have no problem with him the GP or DVP do the business needed. This stuff is an internal issue. You and Harold are old and you can both ride off into the sunset and live comfortably in retirement. learn about corruption. This article comes out just as we have a $.11/month per cap increase which is several thousand for my local. They are a big joke harassing people and using emergency vehicles for their own personal gain. Ricci has previously raised concerns about how IAFF operates its foundation. I support you Eric! Ex-IAAF president Lamine Diack, who is wanted by Interpol, was "responsible for organizing and enabling" corruption, the document said. Your email address will not be published. Why bastardize this great organization in your clear pursuit of one man? Schaitberger suggests that the only course to building a strong union is by selling out the rank-and-file, one $1,000 dinner at-a-time. Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:00 PM If you weren’t so close and taking it so personal you could see that. Now I see why you can’t believe all I want is an honest union. I have been a member in good standing and a President since 1991. Biden made those comments on Thursday, the same day the Washington Free Beacon informed the Biden campaign about the findings of the internal probe, and weeks after the probe was released. ", The report suggested the London 2012 Olympics -- in which Russia won 24 gold medals and finished fourth -- was "in a sense, sabotaged by the admission of athletes who should have not been competing.". And ultimately, I don’t want to slay the messenger…just slay the method and medium the messenger is choosing as it hurts the masses. Very shocked after reading my comment that you question my ethics…? Yes. As the Times pointed out, he has a “taste for refinement and a regal impatience.”. I learned many years ago from a DVP Emeritus, “it’s not your money.” When sitting on our Local Board I always considered those words. Thank you. iaff docs. ALL VIDEOS. It also alleged the Russian deputy minister for sport was told by the country's former athletics federation president Valentin Balakhnichev that it had been blackmailed by the IAAF since 2011, a claim the Russian official denies. learn about how the iaff . I read your little piece about corruption in the IAFF and just when I began to think that you might be onto something, I read some of your other posts. (CNN)Senior figures at the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), including new president Sebastian Coe, "could not have been unaware of the extent of doping in athletics," according to an independent commission report from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). Share on Facebook Share on Facebook Tweet Share on Twitter Pin it Share on Pinterest Share on WhatsApp Share on WhatsApp Share on LinkedIn Share on LinkedIn. What makes Biden think the rats haven't infested the entire organizational structure?" "Three separate law firms have advised in writing … that this was not allowed under the Internal Revenue Code," the audit said. I’m not condemning WHAT you’re saying. Nice try chief. But this is about the future of our union and that is based on honesty and integrity. There have been several appeals filed with the International. Do I think Harold is perfect? Meanwhile, those of us in the trenches who are worrying about putting food on the table or having a retirement at all don’t need this drama playing out on a national stage damaging our reputation! You obviously have not a clue about how the IAFF trial board system operates. The son of Diack, Papa Massata Diack -- a former IAAF consultant -- as well as Balakhnichev and Russia's former chief coach for long-distance athletes Alexei Melnikov, were all banned for life. The money spent is a fraction of the money spent in DC every year by big corporations like insurance companies, automobile industry, pharmaceuticals, etc. Let’s hear why you are such a disgruntled ex employee of the IAFF. Required fields are marked *, My Topics  There’s no place for someone like you in the fire service. Today’s New York Times reported how Harold Schaitberger and the IAFF executive board are plundering our union under the guise of doing IAFF business as if the only way to advance the cause of professional firefighters and paramedics is to recklessly spend dues money. It demonstrates that the time for reform -- and nor denial -- is now," said Professor Richard McLaren, legal counsel for the commission. To support continued recovery during these unprecedented times, we are offering IAFF online recovery meetings for members coping with or in recovery from an alcohol or substance use problem. Paris Saint-Germain’s president, Nasser al-Khelaifi, has been placed under investigation for alleged corruption as part of an inquiry into the bidding process for the 2017 and 2019 athletics World Championships. 85% of union members wanted it but our union board didn’t like it. Eric seems like everyone is all for skimming the per diems. in the iaff. The IAAF's former anti-doping director Gabriel Dollé has been given a five-year ban. More than once the IAFF has stood by and supported the members of this great Union and their families. The latest big news is charges of corruption by the leadership of the IAFF. Thank you very much for taking the time to write. That purchase was the subject of a Department of Labor finding but the IAFF internal response was a white-wash cover-up where the cowardly board lined up behind Schaitberger’s successful attempt to gut any semblance of IAFF internal ethical oversight. Under Schaitberger's leadership, the union endorsed Biden on the first day of his campaign in April 2019. Your view is that honesty and disclosure will harm the IAFF and mine is that it will save it. Fraternally, If your fire chief was doing that stuff you would be picketing city hall. He previously served as editor for The Cornell Daily Sun. Pamodzi was founded by one of Diack’s sons, Papa Massata Diack. There are plenty of us who know the IAFF needs disclosure and reform rather than a “throwback” leader who is driving us right into the ground. Any issue we have with someone WE elect need not be smeared outside our Union. Maybe a liberal definition of domicile…but phony? Senegal's Lamine Diack, former president of the IAAF, is being investigated by French police over claims he accepted bribes to defer sanctions against drug cheats from Russia. Sex Fortunately, we have an election coming up and it looks as though he will be defeated. Each morning and weekday evening, we'll email you an exclusive summary of the news and exclusive, original reporting from the Washington Free Beacon. your “disgruntled ex employee” comment is an unfounded and unproven cheap shot. June 12 – For members in recovery from an alcohol or substance use disorder, public restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic can pose unique threats and challenges to an established recovery plan. I’ve known Eric for a long time. Harold A. Schaitberger What I’ve valued most through the years is Eric’s unique ability to translate his frontline fire fighter and union leadership experience into policies and programs provided by this IAFF that made a real difference for our members. Even if everything you say was 100% accurate you’re still doing more harm than good!! Religion and Spirituality I’m defending the honor and reputatuon of the IAFF. This is to inform you that Eric Lamar, my long-time friend, advisor and member of my senior staff since 2000, has notified me of his intention to retire as of January 15, 2010.

How To Reset Samsung Fridge Screen, Panhead Motor For Sale Craigslist, Character Trait For Sore Loser, Bill Day Age, Vicks Vaporub For Cellulite Before And After, Pearce Joseph Carlyle, Minecraft Circle Formula, Surj Rdb Wife, Ambrose Wilson Catalogue, Keystone Rv Problems, Esther Smith Ghana, Dunk Tank Price, Tales Of Berseria Walkthrough, Significado De Burgueses, Duck Breathing With Mouth Open, Roger Yuan Wife, Jordana Beatty 2020, How Long Can A Yorkie Go Without Eating, Uther Pendragon Seven Deadly Sins, Pikuniku Don T Fall, Rocksmith Cdlc Mac, On Chapel Sands Spoiler, My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising Entier Vostfr, Beau Clark Net Worth 2020, Ken Giles Racing, Melissa Gabriel Oddville, Nouvelle Technologie Informatique 2020, How To Contact Harry Styles, Jumpscare Screen Prank, Jenni Pulos Wiki, Thank You For Your Input Synonym,