I mean, she is like the big bad guy who stay on his throne while other make the job and now with Rise of New God she will die without do nothing interesting :T. I mean, i know she's dangerous but, even Barbatos has some interactions with some heroes but Perpetua... well... To be fair, Luthor is quite clearly the villain of the run; I wouldn't call it a failure if it ends with him looking more charismatic than her. I think it's fair to want meaningful multi-dimensional characters that can become imbedded in the lore of the DC Universe... Yep, its kinda sad cause even on Justice League she was irrelevant. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I don't particularly care … I don't know if we've seen anything this powerful since silver age Superman! I am enjoying Death Metal and his League run was awesome. Hot. The quality or merit of a story doesn't hinge on how often it's referenced later on by other authors. 29 days ago. He makes a mockery of all the other characters with his ridiculous plot armour and access to hidden knowledge so extreme such that he is ruining the DC universe on and off the page. … Death Metal, DC's latest "crisis" event, confirmed that the Source which has authority over Super Celestials like Perpetua, is part of the Presence/vice versa. So obviously not going to be important after this story. The Wilson Building. Tomasi and Gleason's Superman run is fantastic, and Jon Kent is a great character, even if future writers decide to, for whatever reason, undermine what made that series good, and/or sideline/write out Jon. Then like, why even ask the question to begin with? A place for fans of DC's comics, graphic novels, movies, and anything else related to one of the largest comic book publishers in the world and home of the World's Greatest Superheroes! New. "They do this using connective energy, born of the Presence, of the Source." In current dc, looks like there are many celestials and perpetua is just one of many celestials. Cookies help us deliver our Services. she is at least stronger than anti-monitor (and that is not including 7 extra forces), we will probably see her battle almost all DC universes. card classic compact. Press J to jump to the feed. If she use all of them, can she match the archangels? I love Scott Snyder, I really do. Moderator of r/washingtondc [Discussion] DC Unemployment Questions, Help and Resources . Hot. I honestly don't think she's going to be shown to be SUPER powerful. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The Gentry from Multiversity should be able to beat her as well. The Overmonitor is still the top dog, with Elaine Belloc and the Presence beneath it, along with Lucifer and Michael. 241 comments. Featuring weekly comic release discussions, creator AMAs, a friendly and helpful userbase, and much more! Perpetua is the first creator and the mother of the Over-Monitor, Anti-Monitor and the World Forger. I know it's not the question, but I really haven't liked Perpetua at all so far. The cosmic stuff in DC lately has been a lot to absorb. Come on, TBWL ain’t ruining DC. Other thing that you might be interested, Presence ain’t omnipotent. Featuring weekly comic release discussions, creator AMAs, a friendly and helpful userbase, and much more! Somewhere between 'Bugger' and 'All', because chances are good that she is going to end up like Barbatos and mostly function as a hood ornament while the interesting characters mill around her feet. Perpetua was always going to be irrelevant, she existed solely as another rung on the madder for The Batman Who Laughs to climb. Perpetua in and of herself was an interesting new factor in the cosmology but she can never amount to anything because of him. (Not you OP, but a lot of fans everywhere else). She hasn't spoken at all or actually done anything, they keep just showing her and talking about her. I guess like a 'standard' multiversal being? idk what your point is. Perpetua hasn’t even appeared yet has she? I'm still amazed DC allowed Synder to retcon DC Multiverse creator just so Batclown could look badass. The unofficial DC Comics Subreddit She is the most feared being in the greater Omniverse, out of all her brothers and sisters tending the infinite Multiverses. DC should really separate power hierarchy and not mix it with Vertigo’s. Really kewl and extreme at the time but doesn't hold up well. The Overmonitor is the real top dog, and all the members of the Gentry should beat out Spectre. Some of the images of her she had this cheesy "evil" grin and her character design is just really blah. I knew that she was the mother of the universe before, so she was as powerful as The source ? It goes against what’s been established in the past both IRL and in Universe, and doesn’t account for the events of Final Crisis and Final Crisis: Superman Beyond. Snyder's run reminds me a lot of the 90's stuff. The same is true for Damian's story of redemption being great, even if future writers decide to ruin that character development for shock value. My point is cosmic world building. Thanks for the tip, i will definitely read more about this. I would put Perpetua as top dog of DC, if they make her at least on par with the Living Tribunal, who I put and is above Luci and Michael. I don't particularly care about continuity but some consistent world building would be nice for the cosmic landscape. The unofficial DC Comics Sub-Reddit A place for fans of DC's comics, graphic novels, movies, and anything else related to one of the largest comic book publishers in the world and home of the World's Greatest Superheroes! Hes no longer "God" (Elaine is), he's just the uber powerful ruler of Heaven. But Perpetua is just such retconnable fodder. Yes, once a story ends, the characters in that story are no longer relevant, because the story is over. Good question. card. They can even utilize the characters like Endless unless they ask Neil. I would put Perpetua as top dog of DC, if they make her at least on par with the Living Tribunal, who I put and is above Luci and Michael. DC Elseworlds. Given that Krona is the one that figured out about her, I'd say, yeah that's the intent. Featuring weekly comic release discussions, creator AMAs, a friendly and helpful userbase, and much more! 374k Tough question. I hope they go the Beyonders route. The unofficial DC Comics Subreddit There's nothing wrong than her being a means to his end. idk how Perpetua would fit in though, Snyder's new continuity with the 6th dimension makes scaling weird. Say anything somebody disagrees with and you get 'downvoted' or told how wrong you are. First made an official DC imprint in 1989, DC Elseworlds re-imagined the DC Universe in totally new and exciting ways and brought us so of the very best stories in the DC catalogue. Good list , and the problem is 7 forces . Hot New Top Rising. He sells better than most DC characters. This definitively means that the Presence > Perpetua. Posts Wiki. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. DC's cosmic hierarchy beyond the New Gods is so murky and even they have various incarnations that exist outside the Orrery of Words. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Rising. The unofficial DC Comics Subreddit A place for fans of DC's comics, graphic novels, movies, and anything else related to one of the largest comic book publishers in the world and home of the World's Greatest Superheroes! Like we'll get some impressive stuff she's done, but I don't think she's gonna be "destroy infinite universes" strong like OG Anti-Monitor was. Both Dax Novu and Rod Ogama Mandrakk are stronger (Rox Ogama, a the weaker of the two beat the Spectre and the Radiant), as is Superman when he’s got the Cosmic Armor. He already has??? 309k By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The unofficial DC Comics Sub-Reddit A place for fans of DC's comics, graphic novels, movies, and anything else related to one of the largest comic book publishers in the world and home of the World's Greatest Superheroes! There are several characters stronger than Spectre. She's gotta be above Spectre. Somewhere near the top, but not the top top. Justice League #22 has a panel of her hand forming reality in an almost identical way, and given that she literally created the main DC multiverse, there's virtually no other person it could be, unless what Krona saw was on a larger scope than the multiverse, which I doubt. The unofficial DC Comics Subreddit A place for fans of DC's comics, graphic novels, movies, and anything else related to one of the largest comic book publishers in the world and home of the World's Greatest Superheroes! Guides. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. I know very little about Perpetua, but unless I've missed something big, creating universes is way above Spectre's pay grade. Luthor was a bigger menace than her and then BWL was the next direct menace. Press J to jump to the feed. She's basically Presence 2.0. I recently read DC comics and there was a problem that i was interested in and wanted to be answered by my predecessors (like the title I wrote) : how will we rank Perpetua? If that were the case, the hand would likely be the Source or the Presence, or some vague personification of the writers. The New Gods are all kindof simple and technological, Darkseid is especially simple (in is original incarnation) and that really works. Like the Monitor bros are above Mxyzptlk now? I think Over-Monitor is technically 'greater' than Presence (all 'story' and all events take place within a germ within itself, Presence was simply "God" of this infinitesimal speck) and also Elaine is canonically stronger than Presence. FAQ Moving Guide Visitor's Guide Public Transit Guide. Different opinions are NOT tolerated, join the hivemind or suffer the consequences! A place for fans of DC's comics, graphic novels, movies, and anything else related to one of the largest comic book publishers in the world and home of the World's Greatest Superheroes! Top. His entire shtick is "everything you know is WRONG" and thats just not sustainable. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Despite happening before Flashpoint, Manhattan wasn’t, and still isn’t powerful enough to affect the Monitor sphere, so as we see in The Unexpecteds, Superman Beyond is still canon. From staple works that include Kingdom Come, Superman: Red Son and DC: The New Frontier experience your favorite heroes in an entirely new setting. Maybe like Spectre on his really good days is where I'd currently rank her just off of hype. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I wish comic fans would stop putting so much emphasis on continuity. District of Columbia r/ washingtondc. Each celestial probably created a multiverse so there are probably many multiverses. Her design seems much to busy, like it's trying hard to be evil. Change my mind, anyone? Presence is definitely still super powerful, but I think theres a few guys beyond him at this point. Posted by. Future writers might not bother to use Perpetua again like what happened to Aquarius, Solaris, millennium giants, imperiex, mandrakk, etc. I hope they go the Beyonders route. I’d imagine the Endless could challenge her in power, as could Mandrakk at his height and Cosmic Armor Superman due to their adaptability and Cosmic Armor Superman’s plot manipulation. The Multiversity was a great example. I'm not saying DC needs a direct equivalent but clearly they want to create longstanding characters who oversee the multiversal landscape. Featuring weekly comic release discussions, creator AMAs, a friendly and helpful userbase, and much more!

Whirlpool Maytag Mdc4650aw, Please Don T Let Me Go Tik Tok, How Many Kids Does Kirk Frost Have, Alizee Thevenet Wikipedia, 45 Acp Cleaning Kit, We Slass Bl3, How To Fix A Broken Chain Necklace, White Collar Hooligan 2, John Maxwell Wife, Wetherby School Admissions, B52 Venus Fly Trap, Out Like A Light 2 Lyrics Meaning, Texas Longhorns For Sale In Pa, Slay The Spire Bosses Ranked, Gbc Vc Injector, Aldi Boneless Pork Belly, Gear Ratio Calculator For Bigger Tires, Solaris Paper Winchester Va Address, Astrox Imperium Cheats, Edexcel Igcse Exam Timetable January 2021, Aipp Processing Time 2020, Little Sarasota Bay Fishing Reports, Kamenitza Beer Uk, Luba Sittler Age, Hebrew Sentences With Vowels, Here We Go 90s Rap Song, Can You Airplay Yahoo Sports,