Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. It will give the ground pork a lovely flavor but you won’t have any chunky onion bits to worry about. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, about 40 minutes. I tend to double all of the ingredients except the beef broth. I have made this over a dozen times. Darn! If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. Please consult a nutritionist for exact nutritional information based on the exact ingredients you use. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Nicely seasoned we loved it! I made a variation last night & dint mind extra clean up since I had the cast iron skillet already dirtied so I crushed up an entire family sized bag of the original Doritos dumped them in the skillet after removing the meat (used ground pork AND ground beef extra yummy) dumped the mixture on top & added all imaginable toppings to that (I love adding black beans kidney beans avocado & dirty rice) before slathering the entire thing with an entire jar of salsa con queso lol then I baked it in the oven @ 400 degrees till the exposed chips get browned & crispy. We don’t need that to go into our tacos! With the bags unopened, gently crush the corn chips. To keep it keto, try topping these tacos with cheese, freshly chopped onion, radish slices, mayo, or a bit of simple tomato salsa. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. … I even shredded the meat and let it sit in the broth (which was very flavorful) for 3 or 4 hours. I found this recipe, with no reviews, but pressure cooker instructions. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the minced onion and garlic. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. . I'm a Senior in high school in West Virginia the state really doesn't matter only I don't know if they have done our variation anywhere else they're so popular that our school uses them for fundraisers; but we use Nacho Cheese Doritos instead of corn chips and it's REALLY good too and easy if you buy the smaller bag and just throw your lettuce and such in the bag. Thanks for the post. We typically eat these pork tacos with corn or wheat tortillas (take a minute to warm up those tortillas! We are painting the house and I wanted something quick with little clean up. Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and stir. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Try subbing ground chicken or turkey for a healthier option. I cut the meat up into baseball size pieces and trim the heavy fat off. To make it even quicker, use canned chili (with or without beans, your choice) in place of the taco meat, and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned. Info. They’re delicious either way. Snip the corners off the bags using scissors and slit open the bags along the side edge. This recipe makes about 6 pork tacos and a larger batch of black bean pineapple salsa - perfect for spooning over tacos AND enjoying with dip as a side dish or appetizer. Amount is based on available nutrient data. But if you want something fun easy and different this is your recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This pork recipe goes great as a topping. Congrats! It's a mix of corn masa and water and then usually either lightly fried or pan fried a bit and then shaped into a little bowl. Place ground beef in a large skillet. The nutrition facts estimated are for the ground pork tacos and corn tortillas, and do not include salsa. Gordon Ramsey can go kick rocks...this is in a realm of its own and the first recipe listed to unofficially receive a 6th Star Rating...though you can't see it. Can't get much easier than that! These ground pork tacos with pineapple salsa are one of our favorite 15 minute dinner recipes – they’re super tasty and easy to make. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Move the onion to the side and add the ground pork. Quite simply the BEST RECIPE on this Website. I had this recipe at the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana. 363 calories; protein 29.3g 59% DV; carbohydrates 2.5g 1% DV; fat 25.5g 39% DV; cholesterol 104.3mg 35% DV; sodium 606.7mg 24% DV. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Squeeze in lime juice and mix well. You saved Taco in a Bag to your. I love the concept of these but I find them to be a bit too small for my family-and the cost of the individual bags to be a bit much-I buy a large bag and divide into individual servings in a resuable container-top with the remaining ingredients omitting the sour cream etc till just before serving. This was amazing. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Step 1: Start by sautéing your garlic and onion in a large skillet for about 5 minutes. Share this post by clicking the buttons below: These tasty, flavorful Ground Pork Tacos come together in just 15 minutes, and pair perfectly with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa . Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. They come out delicious either way! Enjoy immediately! Yummmmmm! Serve in corn or flour tortillas. We call these walking taco's at my house. I added Spicy Chipotle Ranch to it and it nearly floored me with flavor. I added some guacamole and lots more cheese (we like it that way). Learn how your comment data is processed. I put the shredded meat in soft, steamed, corn tortillas with cilantro and lime juice. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It made a lot and I still had this huge amount of uncooked roast left and wanted something other than BBQ. **If adding salt to your taco seasoning, don't add any more salt to the ground pork while it's cooking! If you don’t want to use store-bought taco seasoning, just add these spices to the ground pork as its cooking: **If adding salt to your taco seasoning, don’t add any more to the ground pork as it’s cooking! I also used Doritos insted of the corn chips for more of a kick. Transfer the pork to a serving bowl and shred the meat with forks. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. And don’t forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!/, Filed Under: Dinner, Lunch, Meat Tagged With: gluten free, ground pork, tacos, Your email address will not be published. It is a great recipe for many things...tacos burritos breakfast lunch dinner....I will make this again and again. This simple black bean pineapple salsa is made with: Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and spoon over your pork tacos! This recipe is great the way it is but using doritos instead of regular corn chips kicks it up even more!:). Step 3: Add the taco seasoning to the ground pork and mix well. Info. Needed a lot of extras on top to make a good meal. Move the onion to the side and add the ground pork. For a party I made the Sweet & Savory Pulled Pork recipe, from this sight, in the slow cooker. These are so good! I do add extra hot cayenne ( about an extra 1/4 teaspoon). Thoroughly rub the spice mixture over the pork. Thank you for the great recipe! Dinner then clean up done lickety-split. If you haven't tried this recipe you really should!! Spoon equal amounts of the beef mixture, lettuce, tomato, Cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream into the bags on top of the crushed chips. Heat and eat! Crush the chips in your bag, top them with a flavorful beef taco filling, pile … Add the taco seasoning (and salt, if using), continue to cook, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes, or until the ground pork is fully cooked. However you decide to serve these ground pork tacos, I hope you love them as much as we did! Warm up your tortillas. My family loves them too! It was delicious and so easy. They're delicious either way. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat and allow the pressure to drop naturally. Made as a sope rather than a taco. Serve in the bag and eat using a fork. I'm sure it would have been perfect if the roast was only 3 1/2 pounds. Step 2: Move the onion aside and add the ground pork to the skillet. Seal the cooker, and bring to full pressure; reduce the heat to maintain high pressure, and cook for 45 minutes. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat until the onion softens and starts to brown. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This amalgamation of recipes produces a very mild shredded pork taco filling: tasty, but not as intensely Mexican as one might prefer. Something about sweet, juicy pineapple, hearty black beans, and juicy corn makes this salsa a PERFECT topping for ground pork burgers. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat until the onion softens and starts to brown. They are a family favorite, with doritos. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I bought a pork shoulder at costco that was about 15 pounds of boneless meat. In Texas, these are called "Frito Pie"...so popular that they serve it on the school menu for lunch. Or serve as a dip and side dish for tacos or any Mexican-inspired meal! Combine the garlic powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Just get your pineapple salsa ready, warm up your tortillas, and enjoy! Thanks for posting though. Made everything according to directions except instead of serving in the bag I served in two platic containers with lids shook well and we ate right out of the container. Easy tasty and shredded nicely; however didn't love it. Thanks for the submission of the recipe! I LOVE seeing your creations! ), but you can absolutely serve these tacos in lettuce leaves for a low carb option. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Serve these tacos in corn or flour tortillas, or in lettuce leaves for a low-carb pork taco option! Of course, if you want keto tacos, you’ll need to get another topping for the salsa because black beans, corn, and pineapple have too many naturally-occurring carbs for the keto diet.

Cowboy Bebop Tank, Ricky Bobby Quotes, Missing My Sister In Heaven On Her Birthday, Chris Coghill Net Worth, Noah Lyles Net Worth, How To Link Your Xbox Account To Twitch, Khuddar Meaning In English, Improbable Nationals Documentary, Susan Cameron Net Worth, Sugaree Piano Chords, Tattletail Age Rating, Tdsb School Calendar 2020,