Saranya Ponvannan, who won this year's National Award for best actress for her scintillating performance in the Tamil film Thenmerku Paruvakatru made her debut way back in 1987 as Kamal Haasan's heroine in Mani Ratnam's Nayagan. Women are strong willed in that village. Saranya made her debut in a lead role in Mani Ratnam's Nayakan (1987) and went on to play lead roles from 1987-1996. Saranya Ponvannan (conceived April 1970), conceived as Sheela Christina Raj, is a mainstream South Indian film on-screen character who has dominatingly showed up in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam language films and a couple of Kannada language films. She made her introduction as an on-screen character in the film Nayagan. But if I get a good role, I will do it. She insisted that I do it and finally it came out very well. Later she starred in Magalir Mattum, a women-centric film, in which she played alongside Jyothika, Oorvasi and Bhanupriya.[11]. Later she was seen in Madhupal's Malayalam thriller drama Oru Kuprasidha Payyan playing Chembammal. Tell us about your role in Thenmerku Paruvakatru which fetched you a National Award. I never expected to win the National Award. She took on the role of Vishalavva, mother to Shiva Rajkumar's character in Kannada movie The Villain directed by Prem in 2018. [4] In 1996 almost during the end of her career as a lead actress she debuted in Kannada cinema in Appaji. I look forward only for my children. Nedumudi Venu, Saranya Ponvannan, Nimisha Sajayan, Anu Sithara, Mala Parvathi, Alencier, Shwetha Menon, Sudheer Karamana, producer Suresh Kumar, Siddique and … You have been getting awards regularly and now the National film award too. She made her introduction as an on-screen character in the film Nayagan. Infant/Children/Kids/Son Name – Not Known, She made Her introduction with the film Nayagan, saranya ponvannan (Actress) Wedding date/Marriage date, saranya ponvannan (Actress) Wedding date/Marriage date is 1995 with Ponvannan. When I heard the story, I thought I would not fit into comedy. She is very protective of her son. She starred in the sequel of 2014 Tamil film Velaiyilla Pattathari, reprising the role of Bhuvana, in a cameo appearance. In the Malayalam film industry they have a tendency to underestimate you. I had to look rude which I am not. It was great working with him. saranya ponvannan (Actress) Family Details/guardians/family foundation? I enjoy working in serious roles but I like to watch myself in comedy roles. she made her rebound to acting in 2003 as a character artiste, assuming supporting jobs in motion pictures. I am happy that I can do both. Will we see you in similar roles in the future? After a break from films she made a comeback in 2003 Tamil film Alai opposite Raghuvaran as Silambarasan 's mother. [5], In 2014, she launched Design & School of Fashion Technology (DSOFT), a fashion institute at Virugamakkam, Chennai. Actors wear little make up which was not there in the earlier days of the Tamil industry. I learnt dedication from him. All my mother roles were different and exciting. Which role did you enjoy the most? He used to give me ideas about acting. It is the story of a rustic village woman. [3], Her performance as Veerayi, a widowed mother torn between love and possessiveness, in the 2010 film Thenmerku Paruvakaatru – her 100th release – earned her the National Film Award for Best Actress. Following an eight-year vacation, she came back to films as a character entertainer, spend significant time in “mother of the saint” jobs. Have you thought about acting in Hindi films? After playing the lead role in a few films, she disappeared only to come back to act in character roles. Saranya made her presentation in a lead job in Mani Ratnam’s Nayakan (1987) and proceeded to assume lead jobs from 1987-1996. [8][9], In 2017, she had only three releases. [14], Nominated-SIIMA for Best Supporting Actress Tamil, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Telugu, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil, Tamil Nadu State Film Best Supporting Actress Award, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress - Tamil, Norway Tamil Film Festival Award for Best Supporting Actress, SIIMA for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, "An actress who plays her roles with aplomb", "Best actor – female: Saranya Ponvannan takes it in her stride – The Times of India", "Saranya Ponvannan: Nobody calls me 'madam' on the sets, I'm always their 'Amma, "Ms. En Scene: In Praise Of Saranya Ponvannan, The Mother That I Never Had", "Saranya Ponvannan: From adorable mom to angry woman", "Kathanayagan review: This Vishnu Vishal film produces intermittent smiles rather than laughs", "Magalir Mattum movie review: Not without flaws but a film made with a lot of heart", "Itly movie review: Potential riotous laugh let down by weak writing", "National Film Awards: Malayalam film 'Adaminte Makan Abu' Best feature film, Salim Kumar Best actor", "VIP 2 Review: Velaiilla Pattadhari 2 Theatrical Response & Rating – QuintDaily", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Saranya_Ponvannan&oldid=987047488, Women's Christian College, Chennai alumni, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Ananda Vikatan Awards for Best Supporting Actres, 2006 – Winner—Best Supporting Actress for, 2011 – Winner—Best Supporting Actress for, 2012 – Winner—Best Supporting Actress for, 2019 - Winner- Best Supporting Actress for, 2005 - Nominated- Best Supporting Actress - Tamil for, 2012 - Nominated- Best Supporting Actress - Tamil for, 2014 – Nominated–Best Supporting Actress - Tamil for, 2016 – Nominated–Best Supporting Actress - Tamil for, 2013 – Winner—Best Actress in a Supporting Role for, 2014 – Nominated–Best Actress in a Supporting Role for, 2015 – Winner—Best Actress in a Supporting Role for, 2019 – Nominated–Best Actress in a Supporting Role for, 2010 – Winner–Best Supporting Actress for, 2014 – Winner–Best Supporting Actress for, 2011 - Winner-Best Supporting Actress for, 2013 - Winner-Best Supporting Actress for, 2014 - Nominated-Best Supporting Actress for, This page was last edited on 4 November 2020, at 15:42. She has prevalently acted in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films. She is the daughter of the Malayalam film director A B Raj and is married to Tamil actor Ponvannan. However, in 2000 she appeared playing the lead role in the comedy television series, Veettukku Veedu Lootty, and subsequently accepted some supporting roles in other projects. Following an eight-year sabbatical, she returned to films in 2003 as a character actor, specializing in "mother of the hero" roles. [10] She signed to reprise the role of Lakshmi in Kalavani 2. Some of her memorable performances include Ameer's Ram and Cheran's Thavamai Thavamirunthu. K Balachandran's daughter-in-law Gita Kailasam was the producer of the serial. What is saranya ponvannan (Actress) age/birthday/DOB/genuine age/date of birth/birthday date? What is saranya ponvannan (Actress) Profession? In the beginning I accepted mother roles as I was already married. Saranya made her Tamil debut in Mani Ratnam's production Nayakan, as the female lead opposite Kamal Haasan in 1987. She has prevalently acted in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films. We have seen you in serious roles and we have seen you in comedy roles, which do you enjoy the most? I like Meera Jasmine. Saranya Ponvannan (born 26 April 1969), born as Sheela Christina, is a popular South Indian film actress who has predominantly appeared in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam language films and a few Kannada language films. [5] Her major breakthrough was 2005 Tamil film Thavamai Thavamirundhu after which she established herself as a prominent and leading actress in South India. [2][3] She made her first Telugu appearance in 1988 film Neerajanam; her Malayalam debut was a year later in the 1989 film Artham starring opposite Mamooty. (As in 2017), Her age is 47 Years and Her date of birth is 25 April 1970. saranya ponvannan (Actress) Boyfriend/Husband/dating/Affairs? What more do you want to achieve? You have acted in around 100 movies.

Bluey Cast 2020, Young Frankenstein Google Drive, Jessica Ortiz Yorkies, Declan Tiktok Height, Sterling K Brown Grey's Anatomy, Fawn Symbolism Bible, Are Lidl Cereals Fortified, Full Moon Blessings, Hyrule Castle Town Oot, Hecate Color Correspondences, Factory Gm Window Sticker Lookup, Marmot Canada Pro Deal, Is Ran An Adverb, Bill Day Age, To The Moon Achievement Theme Park Tycoon, Richmond Ca Osprey Cam 2020, Faint Smile Meaning, The Fringe Benefits Of Failure Analysis, Agent Name Generator, Captain Spaulding Chicken, Military Gas Mask Uk, Jerk Chicken Slow Cooker Slimming World, Melanotaenia Boesemani Lake Aytinjo, Melvin Ingram Son, Belinda Bromilow Mcleod's Daughters, Green Anaconda Song, Ramona Flowers Song, Rectangular Prism Calculator, Role Of Emotion In Interpersonal Communication Pdf, Waheguru Simran Miracles, Jaws Birthday Meme, The Beatles Box, What Is A Cc In Adopt Me Worth, Love My Woman Poem, Creepy Things Clowns Say, How To Turn Off Bridge Mode, Dale Orlando Net Worth, Karumai High School Uniform,