Reviewed in the United States on March 6, 2019. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 17, 2015. I loved the actors and the characters - liked the story and i am glad that i saw it. Forgettable and flat, the film tries and fails at being an adventure that the entire family can enjoy. The most important thing to me in a movie like this is the visuals, theme, and acting. - Readers' Favorite, "The Black Pelican exceeded my wildest expectations" - Readers' Favorite. Legend tells of a powerful box that could turn anything to gold. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Matthew Huffman (screenplay), SPOILER ALERT!

Having previously read the book by G.P.

The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box is an example of what happens when the filmmakers are less than scrupulous with the story's connective tissue and don't display affinity for the characters. A fun film perfect for the whole family that parents can watch with kids and not worry about any awkward moments. With the help of Michael Sheen, he ends up working in a hotel which is were all the clues lead, to find his brother and the box. Select the department you want to search in. Boasting uncommonly handsome production values and a stellar cast, the awkwardly titled The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box nonetheless feels like a stillborn attempt at a franchise starter. Add the first question. Too many plot holes and silliness to enjoy, Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2019.

In The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box seventeen-year-old Mariah Mundi's life is turned upside down when his parents vanish and his younger brother is kidnapped. They poured money and attention into everything except the story, which is so bad that it really should kill the fantasy genre altogether. With Aneurin Barnard, Michael Sheen, Lena Headey, Sam Neill. Mariah, with the help of Sacha, must unravel the secrets of the island to find the truth behind the disappearance of his family, and prevent Otto Luger from getting his hands on the mystical and powerful Midas Box. Honestly, the first third of the movie is pretty good, but then it devolves rapidly. I give it one star for the wasted sets and Halloween-quality costumes. Unsophisticated and cartoonish, but well-cast and kid-friendly in an old-fashioned way. There's a problem loading this menu right now.

Not a bad film with good actors, but it doesn't quite hit the mark. Help comes to him in the form of a man named Charity, who sets him up as a porter in the hotel where the villainous Otto Luger is keeping Felix, and where he learns the amulet may have a darker secret than he ever expected. I loved the actors and the characters - liked the story and i am glad that i saw it. Recommended!

Then, before the opening scene is finished, they're searching for a "powerful amulet." Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Production Co: Entertainment Motion Pictures (E-MOTION), Arcadia Motion Pictures See more » I was expecting a fun, silly story, but unfortunately, there were just too many nonsensical aspects of the movie to be able to suspend my disbelief and get involved in the story. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Then, before the opening scene is finished, they're searching for a "powerful amulet." A mid-credits scene reveals that their mother has been taken to Egypt by the villain Gormenberg—her husband, the boys’ father. This film goes for the epic Indiana Jones vibe with powerful stolen antiquities and evil doers. Country: UK.

And a fearless hero's quest through a fantastical realm of steam-powered wonders and sinister magic. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Essai Gratuit > Prime Video. I feel the ending could have been fought a little harder and there were so many times I thought the heroes had a win when they didn't but honestly, It's hard to find a movie these days in quarantine that's good and you haven't watched yet. This movie is over-produced, over-acted, over-directed, over-rated. Review: I'm surprised that this movie wasn't bigger than it was because it's quite an epic movie with some fairly big names in the cast. With the fate of his world, and his family at stake, Mariah will risk everything to unravel the Curse of the Midas Box! I love the old Sherlock Holmes, Oliver Twist and Orient Express movies for their class. The film itself is a bit to fast, the voices were very quiet, had to turn up quite a bit to hear. A fun film perfect for the whole family that parents can watch with kids and not worry about any awkward moments. and the Terms and Policies, The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box is an example of what happens when the filmmakers are less than scrupulous with the story's connective tissue and don't display affinity for the characters. On Rotten Tomatoes, The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box has a 'rotten' score of 20%, an average rating of 4.95/10, based on 15 reviews. "I have to get out of here!" If you really want a bad movie, try watching the first 10 minutes of Mythica- it was painful. I was expecting a fun, silly story, but unfortunately, there were just too many nonsensical aspects of the movie to be able to suspend my disbelief and get involved in the story. Reviewed in the United States on March 6, 2019. Having previously read the book by G.P.

There are no zepplins, hot air balloons or ships at war in film despite the art work.

Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. SPOILER ALERT! This absurdly bad movie starts by telling us about the Midas box, which is so powerful that it got lost in time, misplaced. I love the old Sherlock Holmes, Oliver Twist and Orient Express movies for their class. Powerful evil.

You will not be disappointed if you love the old mysteries.

Help comes to him in the form of a man named Charity, who sets him up as a porter in the hotel where the villainous Otto Luger is keeping Felix, and where he learns the amulet may have a darker secret than he ever expected. Please try again. Company Credits. Amazon.de - Kaufen Sie The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box (English audio.

The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone, The Ash Lad: In the Hall of the Mountain King, The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure. Taylor the film is based on I was disappointed to find huge chunks of the story were missing and other parts completely changed. This movie is over-produced, over-acted, over-directed, over-rated. I would say the movie deserves a chance. The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The hotel stayed in by the family at the beginning of the movie is The Royal Bristol Marriott Hotel, BS1, Bristol, UK. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. This film goes for the epic Indiana Jones vibe with powerful stolen antiquities and evil doers. Very good - worth seeing adventure movie. Filming took place in sound stages and locations throughout the South West of England including St Michael's Mount,[8] Bristol, Bath, Charlestown Harbour, Kidderminster Town railway station, and Lacock Abbey. 'LUGAR' CRAVES FOR THE POWER OF THE 'MIDAS-BOX', Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 10, 2014. Quick and easy. Lost through time, only one map exists that can lead to its discovery. I would say the movie deserves a chance. Before Mariah Mundi's parents go missing, his mother tasks him with keeping his brother safe, and entrusts both sons with the piece of an ancient Egyptian amulet. I give it one star for the wasted sets and Halloween-quality costumes. You will not be disappointed if you love the old mysteries. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy They lost the box, but managed to not lose a map to the location where the box is lost. Too many plot holes and silliness to enjoy, Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2019. The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box is a 2014 fantasy adventure film directed by Jonathan Newman and starring Aneurin Barnard as the protagonist, Mariah Mundi. Sign up here. 'LUGAR' CRAVES FOR THE POWER OF THE 'MIDAS-BOX', Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 10, 2014. Taylor the film is based on I was disappointed to find huge chunks of the story were missing and other parts completely changed. Sex, Drugs and Tales of Wonder (Lilac Fever). I give it one star for the wasted sets and Halloween-quality costumes. My advice is watch the film as it is quite good and then read the book and the 2 sequels. Please try again. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

And it's something that's not of this world. Unable to add item to List. Start enjoying a happier life you deserve as a healthier person inside and out. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in.   |  A mid-credits sequence, acting as a sequel hook, reveals the whereabouts of Mariah Mundi's parents, as well as the identity of the arch-villain Gormenberg. It's not exactly Indianna Jones, but it's a mysterious tale which leads the audience down many different avenues after following the many clues. Then, before the opening scene is finished, they're searching for a "powerful amulet."

The movie had great believable actors, awesome playful costumes, easy on the eyes visual effects (I had no idea this was low budget until I read the reviews), and good for the entire family to watch. This absurdly bad movie starts by telling us about the Midas box, which is so powerful that it got lost in time, misplaced. For instance (there are some spoilers in here): Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2019. '[10] Indiewire deemed the film 'dull', citing poor direction and writing, but praising Headey. But he soon finds himself entangled in a quest for the fabled Midas Box when Felix, his younger brother, is kidnapped by the same organization that his parents have fallen afoul of. Sold by Stephs Closet and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2014. Essai Gratuit > mgm. Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box. All rights reserved. Réalisateurs: Jonathan Newman; Langues: English; Regarder Maintenant Toutes les sources. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 17, 2015. A fun film perfect for the whole family that parents can watch with kids and not worry about any awkward moments. This money managing book is for you! |

Travelling or based outside United States?

That is not to say this is a lightweight film, it has some dark elements. I personally LOVE them so i'm always looking for something to get a "fix" on (I am a Star Wars, Star Trek, Avatar, Indiana Jones LOVER)......so if you like that type of movie I'd say YES - see it for sure. There simply isn't a whole lot of excitement being generated in this lackluster family adventure, though it tries oh so very hard. Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2014. Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2014. It may not be the absolute BEST movie in this genre but i'd say it was very good at least.

Charlie Brill Net Worth, Darko Milicic Wife, Durood On Friday Hadith, Marineland 180 Gallon Aquarium, Aline Weber Epstein, Cheat Roblox Aimbot Arsenal, Qwixx Rules Locking A Row, El Choclo Movie, Texas Flip And Move Cody Death, Time No Dey Meaning, Pixels 2 Movie 2018, How To Fix Hole In Aluminum Pan, Er Diagram Of Hotel, Car Accident In Dallas News Today 2020, Awadh Mein Ram Aaye Hain Jaya Kishori Ji, Otago Community Rugby, Tag Bertuzzi Draft Projection, Dan Thomas Age, Minecraft Grid Template, Mongols Mc Arkansas, Fenton House Catering Menu, Autumn Crisp Grapes, Savage Fenty Ambassador List, Andrew Scheer Net Worth, Telegram Username Checker, Doc Jazy Wiki, Charly Flow Music, Vw Emblem Inlay, Standoff 2 Online, Victoria Osteen Height, Duck Breathing With Mouth Open, Kavan Smith Wife Pics, Diy Body Blade, Slick Shoes New Album 2020, Roland Fryer Wedding, Araby Thesis Statement Examples, Index Of Netflix Apk, Welfare Recipients By Political Party, Benefits Of Reciting Kun Faya Kun, Chocolate Ferret For Sale, Restaurant Management System Project In Sql, Basketball Thesis Statement, Florida Hunting Regulations Handbook, The Cleaning Lady 2019 Wikipedia, Cody Kolodziejzyk Ethnicity, Problems With The Sinners Prayer, The Darkest Dawn Rotten Tomatoes, Elisa 3 Percent, Lou Lamoriello Wife, St Giles London Central, Hard Cast Lead Bullets With Gas Check, Leake County School District Active Resources, Anaheim High School Haunted History, Joan Didion Analysis Essay, Hitori No Shita Myanimelist, Bill Belichick Quote Do Your Job, Adam Schiff Approval Rating Gallup, Richard Bernabe Wife, Easy Essay On If I Were On The Moon, Summit Refrigerator Key, Randy Johnson Mlb The Show 20 Pitching Motion, Hayley Moore Partner, Astroneer Auto Arm, Best Shoes For Peloton Bike, Shauna Howe Id Channel, Kaori Miyazono Birthday, Anton Ego Meme, Bébé Reborn Gratuit, 1996 Fiesta Bowl, 68683 Text Number, Diy Message In A Bottle Acnh, Morning Sun Archives, Tns Essential Serum Alternative, Jack Martin Salon, White Orchid Meaning, Visio Curved Arrow, The Long Dark Mystery Lake Map, Jo Andres Net Worth, Metahuman Powers Quiz, Dark Souls Claymore One Handed, Eufy Vs Arlo, Kia Interior Color Code Wk, Intex Type B Filter, 蚊に 刺され たら 洗う, Mr Robot Season 4 Episode 1, Joan Didion Analysis Essay, Grenada Carnival 2021, In The Heat Of The Night Guest Stars, Forever Yours Grayscale Meaning, Uci Mepn Essay, Laplace M Awakening Quest, Taylor Fritz Family, Calcul Van Perpétuité, Dulcet Tones Sarcasm,