Do I need to book a consultation prior to my appointment?
Nope! A consultation is not mandatory. Instead, we’ll interview you during your appointment before we begin microblading to get a feel for your beauty and brow routine. (The complete microblading process is detailed on our main microblading page.)
How do I prepare for microblading?
For best results, prep for your microblading appointment as follows:
- 1 month prior: Avoid using retinol, retin-a, facial peels and any other abrasive products around the eyebrow area.
- 3 weeks prior: Starting 3 weeks before your appointment, do not have any botox injections.
- 2 weeks prior: Avoid sunburns and prolonged sun exposure. Do not tweeze, wax or undergo electrolysis. The more overgrowth in your brows, the better!
- 1 week prior: Do not take fish oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, St John’s Wort, aspirin or IBUProfen in the week leading up to your appointment. This is very important to help prevent bleeding.
- 4 days prior: Tint your natural brows. It’s important that your natural hair and the strokes we create via microblading are the same color for a seamless transition from nautural hair to microblading strokes. If you want your brows darker than your natural brow hair color, you will need to tint your natural brows to the color you want. Make sure to do this at least 4 days prior to your microblading appointment so there is no dye left on the skin. Keep in mind, you will need to continue to tint your brows regularly to make sure they match.
- 48 Hours prior: Do not drink alcohol, eat spicy food or consume excessive amounts of garlic.
- Day of: Do not drink caffeine or workout.
I have a previous eyebrow tattoo. Will you be able to work with that?
We are currently not accepting microblading clients who have had previous eyebrow tattooing. If you have previous microblading work that’s now fading, we are open to working with you to touch it up, depending on your individual case. Please contact us and we can customize a microblading solution for you if at all possible.
How many microblading sessions will I need?
Typically, you’ll need two microblading sessions (the initial session and a touch-up after 6-8 weeks) to ensure effortless, long-lasting brows.
Does microblading hurt?
Our technicians are highly trained to make the process as comfortable as possible for you. That being said, pain levels can vary by person. Some feel only a slight scratch, while others feel mild to mid-level pain. Keep in mind you will be prepped with a topical numbing cream to make the process more comfortable. Still nervous? We suggest you contact your primary care physician and ask for prescription strength topical lidocaine to bring with you to your microblading appointment and we’ll show you how you can apply it on your own brows.
How long does the microblading process take?
Your microblading appointment will last anywhere from 2 to 2.5 hours, typically. The interview, numbing and pre-draw process takes about 1 hour, the numbing takes about 25 minutes, while the actual microblading process itself takes about 30 minutes-1 hour.
What aftercare steps should I take to ensure my brows last long?
Proper aftercare is key to ensuring your brows last as long as possible (so you never have to dig out that broken brow pencil again!). We’ll have detailed aftercare instructions printed out for your at your session, but to give you an idea, you’ll want to:
- Keep your freshly-bladed brows away from excessive water, sweat and sun for the first 30 days.
- Absolutley no working out for 14 days.
- No swimming, hot yoga, saunas or tanning for 30 days.
- Use an aftercare balm like coconut oil, Vitamin E or Aquafor to keep your brows moisturized.
- Do NOT scratch, peel, rub or pick at your brows. It is common to have some itching, flaking and redness in your brow area during your first few weeks. To take care of this, simply tap lightly at your brows to relieve any discomfort.
Can I get my eyebrows wet?
You should avoid swimming, saunas, jacuzzis and hot yoga for the first 30 days. That being said, you should still wash your eyebrows softly each morning and night with a gentle cleanser—this amount of minimal water exposure is fine.
How long does microblading last?
Your new brows should last anywhere from 12-24 months, depending on factors like sun exposure, chlorine exposure, and use of retinol, retin-a or chemical peels/aggressive products.
How can I book my microblading appointment?
Please call our salon at 775.420.3132 or click here to book online.