Microblading is the hottest trend for natural looking, effortless eyebrows. With so many of our clients booking their appointments (perfectly timed for summer ready brows if we say so ourselves), we wanted to take a moment to share the best way to prepare for your microblading appointment.
Why is it important to properly prepare for microblading?
Our La Di Da Beauty microblading artist Laura Garcia says, “Microblading is an investment. You want to properly prepare before your appointment to get the most out of your investment. These include minimal bleeding, the best possible eyebrow shape and pigment color choice, and retention.”
How do I prepare for microblading?
For best results, prepare for your microblading appointment as follows:
- 1 month prior: Avoid using retinol, retin-a, facial peels and any other abrasive products around the eyebrow area.
- 3 weeks prior: Starting 3 weeks before your appointment, do not have any botox injections.
- 2 weeks prior: Avoid sunburns and prolonged sun exposure. Do not tweeze, wax or undergo electrolysis. The more overgrowth in your brows, the better!
- 1 week prior: Do not take fish oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, St John’s Wort, aspirin or IBUProfen in the week leading up to your appointment. This is very important to help prevent bleeding.
- 4 days prior: Tint your natural brows (if desired). It’s important that your natural hair and the strokes we create via microblading are the same color for a seamless transition from nautural hair to microblading strokes. If you want your brows darker than your natural brow hair color, you will need to tint your natural brows to the color you want. Make sure to do this at least 4 days prior to your microblading appointment so there is no dye left on the skin. Keep in mind, you will need to continue to tint your brows regularly to make sure they match.
- 48 Hours prior: Do not drink alcohol, eat spicy food or consume excessive amounts of garlic.
- Day of: Do not drink caffeine or workout.
You can learn more about microblading by visiting our microblading FAQs page.
Ready to book your appointment? Please call our salon at 775.420.3132 or fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly.